Poll Review: Do You Prefer XBT or BTC?

Poll Review: Do You Prefer XBT or BTC?

It's Sunday, and you know what that means. It's time to take a look at last week's poll! In that poll we asked the seemingly age-old question of what the bitcoin abbreviation should be. Most commonly in the community, XBT or BTC have been widely used. But because bitcoin is decentralized, there has been both agreement and disagreement on standards and conventions, since there's no one authority to say what is or is not proper. So getting back to the results, there were a total of 308 votes (and you can look for the weekly poll in the lower right of every page if you're interested). A....


Related News

Poll Review: How Important is the Price of Bitcoin?

Just how important is the price of bitcoin? The question could be considered subjective, and that's why it was the topic of last week's poll (which you can find in the lower right-hand corner of all pages). So, getting right to it, it would appear that the price of bitcoin is a big deal compared to really not mattering. Of 134 total votes, about 64 percent of voters said the price of bitcoin "is a huge deal". That equates to 86 votes. (Hopefully we'll get a higher volume of responses on the next one.) The other 36 percent of voters said the price of bitcoin "doesn't really matter", which....

Poll Review: The Proposed NYDFS BitLicense Regulations

Since the New York Department of Financial Service released their BitLicense proposal for a public commenting period, there's been a lot of chatter surrounding the topic. One one side you have the people that think this could be a very good start to regulating bitcoin, and then you have the folks who have crossed their arms and are shaking their heads vigorously with disappointment. I wanted to see what the visitors of this website thought. So I put together a poll last week that was pretty straightforward: The proposed NYDFS Bitcoin Regulations... Respondents were provided with two....

Poll: Vast Majority in US Would Rather Invest in Gold than Bitcoin

Although almost half of US citizens know what bitcoin is, only 13% would choose it over gold as an investment vehicle, suggests a new survey. The poll - which received responses from 2,039 adults aged 18 and over - was conducted by Harris Interactive, in partnership with a financial management company Yodlee back in December 2013. Although more people in the Western states knew what bitcoin was, that knowledge didn't necessarily translate into a desire for adoption. For example, a leading 55% of people in the West were familiar with bitcoin, however only 7% of them would invest in BTC over....

Poll: 48% Believe Bitcoin Will Be Worth Over $500 by 2016

Bitcoin enthusiasts are once again bullish on the digital currency's price potential. A new CoinDesk poll has found that 48% of respondents believe that bitcoin will end the year valued at more than $500. That's not to say that others weren't more bearish. Some 38.7% of bitcoin enthusiasts think the digital currency's price will end 2015 at or near its current levels, with 4,370 of the 11,293 respondents predicting that bitcoin would be valued at between $351-$500 by this time. Thirty-three percent of those surveyed think that the digital currency's price would rise to $501-$1,000 by 31st....

Poll: Will the Bitcoin Price Hit $10k in 2014?

2013 saw the price of bitcoin go from $13 to $266, then to almost $1,200 on the back of strong growth in China. There was a correction, as the Chinese government implemented policies to make bitcoin trading much more difficult, but the digital currency has since rallied and shown significant resilience in the face of adversity. Many believe the price of bitcoin will increase in 2014, with some Wall Street analysts even predicting it could reach almost $100,000 at some point. But what do you think will happen to the price in the coming year? Do you think the bitcoin price will hit $10,000....