Citrix SXSW Hackathon Drives App Innovation for the Future of Work
Citrix today announced its SXSW 2014 event “Hack to the Future: Reinventing the Way We Work,” a panel and hackathon focused on the future of work in an era of open mobile platforms and wearable technology.
On Sunday, March 9, Bernd Christiansen, chief technology officer for the Citrix SaaS division, will be joined by innovative thinkers from Twitter, Jawbone, Bitcoin Foundation and Draper Associates in a stimulating discussion about the tools and trends that will shape how we work and liveover the next decade and beyond.
In an effort to inspire further new innovations, attendees are invited to compete in a mini hackathon. The challenge is to create a visionary new app to help people and teams work better together. The winning developers will have an opportunity to pitch their ideas to Draper Associates, one of Silicon Valley’s top seed-stage venture capital firms, as well as receive annual premium licenses to Citrix GoToMeeting, the popular web conferencing tool that makes it simple to meet with anyone, from anywhere, on any device.
The “Hack to the Future” panel, hosted by Citrix, is comprised of executives from some of the world’s most disruptive organizations:
- Leslie Miley, Sr. Engineering Manager, Twitter
- Patrick Murck, Legal Counsel, Bitcoin Foundation
- Joel Yarmon, Partner, Draper Associates
- Adrienne Huesca, Intellectual Property, Jawbone
- Bernd Christensen, Chief Technology Officer, SaaS Division, Citrix
The panel will also award the top hackathon participants the following prizes:
- 1st prize: $10,000 and an in-person pitch meeting with Draper Associates, up to 5 Jawbone Up bands, 1 Bitcoin
- 2nd prize: $5,000, up to 5 Jawbone Up bands, 1 Bitcoin and a pitch meeting with Draper Associates via GoToMeeting
- 3rd prize: $2,500, up to 5 Jawbone Up bands, 1 Bitcoin and a pitch meeting with Draper Associates via GoToMeeting
- All winners will receive a one year license for GoToMeeting
WHEN: Saturday, March 9, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: AT&T Conference Center, Conference Room 301
1900 University Avenue, Austin, Texas 78705
You can follow Citrix and this event at:
Twitter: @Citrix, @GoToMeetingCitrix on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/citrix,
GoToMeeting on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoToMeetingSXSW event hashtag: #hacktothefuture
If you are a member of the media interested in covering the event or meeting with Citrix, please contact Lilly Hanscom at (415) 670-0542 or email@example.com
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in virtualization, networking and cloud infrastructure to enable new ways for people to work better. Citrix solutions help IT and service providers to build, manage and secure, virtual and mobile workspaces that seamlessly deliver apps, desktops, data and services to anyone, on any device, over any network or cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive with mobile workstyles. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million people globally.
Learn more about Citrix at http://www.citrix.com/