RedBottle Design Brings GlassPay Purchasing App for Google Glass, Android, and Bitcoins to DEMO Fall 2013
RedBottle Design today introduces GlassPay™, an app for Google Glass and Android platforms that replicates an online buying experience in brick-and-mortar stores, and makes purchasing secure and simple in restaurants, supermarkets, and other stores that already accept bitcoins as currency.
GlassPay debuts at the DEMO 2013 Conference taking place October 15-17, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, Calif. DEMO is world-renowned for launching the most promising, cutting-edge companies in enterprise, consumer, mobile, social, health and hardware technologies.
"With GlassPay, we're taking one of the most basic cultural experiences, the act of purchasing items, and bringing it into the future," said Guy Paddock, CEO of RedBottle Design, LLC. "Bitcoins are gaining significant acceptance in the world-wide marketplace, and we know that face-to-face, app-based shopping and purchasing is in the next wave. We're ready for it."
GlassPay allows both shoppers and merchants to enjoy frictionless and economical sales transactions: when in a retail environment, Google Glass and Android users simply scan UPC codes, assemble a "shopping cart", make the purchase using bitcoins, and pick up merchandise in a centralized location.
GlassPay embraces bitcoins, an innovative, secure payment network and a new kind of money that uses peer-to-peer technology to operate. Bitcoins have no central authority or banks, so there are no additional fees charged to either purchasers or retailers.
- No wallet, no waiting: with GlassPay, users simply bring their Android smartphone or wear their Google Glass device into a store, scan items, and make purchases right from where they stand. There's no need to carry a wallet or wait in line.
- Get more control: a GlassPay shopping cart is created in real time, so users can budget more effectively -- they'll know exactly how much the total will be, automatically.
- Secure information: with GlassPay, a customer's virtual bitcoin wallet is controlled by password and bitcoins can be sent only by the customer. Unlike cash, bitcoins are difficult to lose, steal, or misplace. And unlike credit card information, with bitcoins a seller has no sensitive information on file that can be compromised.
- No fee transactions: GlassPay makes it easier to accept bitcoins as payment, which translates into higher margins and lower costs of doing business.
- Small merchant adoption: street and kiosk vendors can serve more customers, more quickly -- users will simply grab, scan, pay, and go with minimal interaction.
- Saves valuable floor space: big box merchants can conserve precious retail space by keeping inventory in a central warehouse instead of on the sales floor.
- Interactive purchasing experiences: retailers can create dynamic displays that engage customers for a more entertaining and enriching shopping experience.
- Effortless analytics and suggestive selling: merchants can track what customers view as well as buy, in much the same way that online stores do currently. Offering a similar product or different colors or sizes could lead to increased purchasing opportunities.
Attendees at DEMO 2013 will be the first to experience shopping with GlassPay for Android, released on the Play marketplace. The full platform, including GlassPay for Android and Google Glass, is expected to be in the Play marketplace and Glass Boutique respectively, in the second quarter of 2014, after Google Glass becomes publicly available.
Sellers who are interested in using the GlassPay platform should contact RedBottle Design at 1-855-444-2675 to discuss installation and integration options and pricing.
RedBottle will provide a live, four-minute demonstration of GlassPay on the DEMO Fall 2013 stage at Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 11:05 a.m. and will host live demonstrations beginning today at Booth #D27 in the DEMO Fall 2013 pavilion.
About RedBottle Design, LLC
RedBottle Design was founded in 2007 and is driven by a group of young professionals living, working, and collaborating in Rochester, NY. We include programmers, business and marketing experts, designers and illustrators with numerous degrees and years of experience. The company provides software development, web development, and graphic design services, and specializes in mobile app and Google Glass development.
For more information about RedBottle Design please visit http://www.redbottledesign.com/
Produced by the IDG Enterprise events group, the worldwide DEMO conferences focus on emerging technologies and new products innovations, which are hand selected from across the spectrum of the technology marketplace. The DEMO conferences have earned their reputation for consistently identifying cutting-edge technologies and helping entrepreneurs secure venture funding and establish critical business.
For more information on the DEMO conferences, visit http://www.demo.com/
GlassPay is a trademark of RedBottle Design, LLC. All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.