Michael Jordan, Will Smith join $305M funding round for NBA Top Shot maker Da...

Michael Jordan, Will Smith join $305M funding round for NBA Top Shot maker Da...

Basketball legend Michael Jordan and Hollywood icon Will Smith are among a group of investors in Dapper Lab’s latest funding round. NBA Top Shot maker Dapper Labs has secured about $305 million in new funding round from investors.According to a report by Business Insider on Tuesday, past and present NBA stars like Michael Jordan, Alex Caruso, and Kevin Durant participated in the funding round. Other investors included The Chernin Group and Will Smith’s venture capital outfit Dreamers VC.With this latest funding round, Dapper Labs now reportedly holds a $2.6 billion valuation. As previously....


Related News

Crypto industry got more funding in Q1 2021 than all of last year: report

Three companies in the crypto and blockchain industry have already raised $1.1 billion this year. Cryptocurrency and blockchain-related companies have already received more funding this year than in all of 2020, according to a new report.In the first quarter of 2021, 129 startups focusing on crypto and blockchain technology have received a total of $2.6 billion in funding, Bloomberg reports, citing data from business analytics firm CB Insights. Over the course of 2020, crypto and blockchain firms attracted a total of $2.3 billion in 341 deals.According to the data, 2018 is the record year....

Digital Asset Sees IBM & Goldman Sachs Join as Investors, Pushing Funding Beyond $60 Million

Digital Asset Holdings (DAH), the New York firm developing blockchain solutions for the financial services industry has announced two new investors joining its funding round. IBM and Goldman Sachs join 13 other investors with the funding round now scaling beyond $60 million. Digital Asset has announced that Goldman Sachs and IBM are now among the investors in its funding round, with the financing now going beyond $60 million. The newest investors come after in the days following a the announcement recent blockchain trial with its lead investor – JPMogran Chase. Prior to its new investors,....

Tim Draper, Nas Back Bitcoin API Maker BlockCypher in $3 Million Round

BlockCypher has raised more than $3m in a seed-funding round that will allow it to expand its operations in Europe and Asia. Tim Draper and Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang's AME Cloud Ventures are among the many that invested in the round. Other participants included Boost VC, 500 Startups, Crypto Currency Partners, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), hip-hop artist and VC Nasir Jones, Jesse Draper and Shawn Byers. With this latest round of funding Blockcypher said it can now seek to provide customers deeper analytics while continuing to build services and invest in scaling and security. The....

Richard Branson: I’m ‘Excited’ To Be Backing Blockchain Wallet and Its Co-Founders

Virgin founder and entrepreneur Richard Branson has publicly voiced praise for wallet provider Blockchain. In a blog post Monday, Branson, who invested in the startup’s recent Series B funding round, also complimented co-founders Peter Smith and Nicolas Cary. “What we like is that the Blockchain team, run by co-founders Peter Smith and Nic Cary, have built a platform that will allow them to be the custodian of any digital assets should alternate use cases of Blockchain technology reach critical mass,” he wrote. Blockchain’s latest funding was a considerable success and marked the largest....

Most R3 Members Will Invest in Funding Effort, Sources Say

More than 30 R3 member banks are expected to invest in the blockchain consortium startup as part of its ongoing $150m funding round, a source close to the deal told CoinDesk. According to sources with knowledge of the details, the funding round would find R3 Partners (the startup's capital vehicle) retaining 40% of the company, with member banks allotted the remaining 60% of the venture. R3 members reportedly had until last Friday to declare non-binding interest in the funding round. Members who do not participate are reportedly able to join R3 Labs, a separate entity that includes all....