Charlotte Bitcoin Conference Announces Venue
The Defining Bitcoin/Blockchain Event for the Carolinas Returns.
Organizers of the Second Annual Cryptolina Bitcoin Expo announced that it will be hosted at the Historic McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square in Uptown Charlotte on August 14 and 15, 2015. The two-day conference is a sequel to last summer's inaugural expo in Raleigh that attracted over 350 digital currency developers, investors and technologists from across the United States and Europe. Among them, former United States Mint Director Edmund C. Moy and Silicon Valley venture capitalist Adam Draper.
Current issues and events pertaining to Bitcoin, blockchain technology, startups, venture capital investment and much more will be discussed and debated. A major panel discussion regarding the ongoing financial crisis in Greece and Bitcoin portability is also planned for Saturday the 15th. The Cryptolina (rhymes with Carolina) Bitcoin Expo has recently won several local and national sponsorships from organizations and businesses including Packard Place, Uber, The Chamber of Digital Commerce, Dunvegan Space Systems, and Tally Capital. A partial list of speakers has been released, with more expected by the end of July. They include:
- Jeff Garzik - Founder, Dunvegan Space Systems & Bitcoin Core Developer, BitPay
- Matthew Roszak - Founding Partner, Tally Capital & Blockchain Capital
- Perianne Boring - Founder and President, Chamber of Digital Commerce
- Sam Onat Yilmaz - VC & Managing Partner of Decentralized Applications Fund and BitAngels
- Adam B. Levine - Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the long running Let's Talk Bitcoin!
- Jameson Lopp - Software Developer, BitGo
- Campbell Harvey - Duke University Professor & VP, American Finance Association
- John Bridge CCCI - Senior Inspector with the United States Marshals Service
- Andrew Beal - Associate, Crowley Corporate Attorneys and Crypto-Equity specialist
- Shannon Code - Software Developer, Blockchain Expert, Ribbit.me
- Carol Van Cleef - Partner at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- David Aylor - Partner and CEO, David Aylor Law Offices
- Tyler K. Gibbons, CPA - Riser McLaurin & Gibbons LLP
In addition to multiple exhibitors and speakers, the Charlotte conference will also be partnering with the Washington-based Chamber of Digital Commerce to provide an intense two-day anti-money laundering(AML) professional development program in which professionals can discover how to meet banking and regulatory expectations, and prepare for AML compliance reviews regarding digital currency.